Skip to main content

Keeping it Real

Well I am 4 weeks into my post baby healthy lifestyle and so far I have been accomplishing my goals plus more! I am feeling really good and have managed to get a new routine down for Brayden and I. First here are my stats after four weeks:

                                      Start                                            Week 4

Weight                           207                                                196
Waist                             36.5"                                              34"
Hips                               46"                                                44"
Stomach                        46"                                                43.5"
Bust                               43"                                                 42"
Neck                              13.5"                                              13.5"                                           
Rt Arm                          14"                                                 13.5"
Lt Arm                          14"                                                 13"
Rt Thigh                        27.5"                                              27"
Lt Thigh                        27.5"                                              27"

So for those who don't want to do the math (ha ha), that is 11 pounds down and 10.5 inches at least off! I keep getting asked, "What are you doing?" "What diet?". I find it funny that our society has to have a "diet" or "special program" to have success in weight loss. (I am not innocent in that mind set by the way, but I have lost 56 lbs before and there is no way I want to stick to something I don't like) So, I am counting calories, keeping my intake between 1200-1400 a day depending on if I can do a work out or not that day.

The most important key to losing weight is FOOD. And what I have noticed is that if you take the time to prep your week and stay organized with it, it's really easy to stay on track. I eat every 2-3 hours usually and log EVERYTHING I eat! People tell me all the time that they don't have time to log their calories. Let me ask you this....how many times are you on your phone in a day?....OK so what is 1 more minute to add your breakfast? You don't even have to count or anything! I use My Fitness Pal. Find me, add me and we can motivate each other.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a fitness model or body builder, I'm a single mom of a very active little boy and am just now making myself a priority again. We have been on our own since he was 4 months old, he is now 3. I can't just wake up and go the gym anymore, or head there right after work. So, I am learning to like working out at home (seriously I miss the gym though). Some days I feel like a shitty mom, some days I am supermom with all the things I have to do in a day, but I am done with making excuses why I "can't" workout or eat healthy. I love to see results, it keeps me motivated and feeds my competitive side.

I have a planner that is literally my life in a book. I do weekly Mind, Body & Soul goals that I WRITE down. My brain works better when I physically have to write it down. It helps me stick to what I need to accomplish. That is why I can't use my phone calendar. Here is a little peak of this week in my planner....





 


Anyway, so that's what I am doing. I can't wait until this weather gets a little better so B and I can actually go hiking and bike riding! I am missing the sunshine so bad. So here is my big goal. I might be a little ambitious with it, but it will be summer and I will be more active so I am sure I can do it.

6 Month Goal:

Weight- 163 (pre-baby)
Total Inches- 20

I got this!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!!

-Ash


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Friday- Squat Challenge Results

So some of you knew that I was doing a 30 day squat challenge... Well I finally completed the challenge and have my before and after. Still have a ways to go but holy cow there is a major difference. (Excuse my photography skills. My husband was sleeping and just decided to take them on my own.) I love SEEING my body transform! I really encourage people to take photos of them selves, although it may be gross or embarrassing at first, it is an amazing motivater and when you do start feeling discouraged you can take another photo to help you see that you really have transformed. Remember, the scale is only a small indicator of your success! How you feel, and how your clothes fit is the most important. Here is the challenge I did in case you want to do your own squat challenge!  Enjoy! I know I did. I even may do it again! -Ash

9 Week Update

It really is amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. The last 9 weeks I have changed my eating habits, portion sizes, and added more time to work out in my schedule. I made it a priority and this is what has come of it so far...                                                       Week 1                                              Week 9 Weight=      -19 lbs                   207                                                   188 Waist=        -4.5"                        36.5"                                                  32" Hips=          -3"                             46"                                                     43" Bust=          -2"                            43"                                                     41" R. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"                                                   26" L. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"   

1 Year of Hard Work = The Real Me Reborn

One year ago today marked the first day of finding me again. One year ago I was depressed, miserable, lazy, unhappy, overweight, and lonely. One year ago today, I weighed 220lbs. I can't even begin to tell you how much of me has changed physically and emotionally. When I decided to take this life long journey to be fit and happy, I never in a million years would have thought this would be fun and exciting. Most people may think I am crazy, and I would say they are very correct! I am crazy about having energy again, crazy for being able to feel good in my clothes again, crazy that I can now run, walk, lift, hike, or any other activity WITHOUT hurting. Yep, I would say I am crazy  if that is what crazy is to the average person. Throughout this last year I have accomplished so many goals! I have never made a huge goal and accomplished it until this journey. I lost 50 pounds within the first 4 months and have kept it off, plus have lost even more. Crazy what you can accomplish wh