Skip to main content

Tasty Tuesday- My Food for the Week

So this month I decided to try JNL Fusions Meal Plan, and so far I am loving the meals! So I decided to alternate between 2 breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners. That way my budget was low and preparing my meals for the week was a lot easier. My diet is based on a 1300 calorie diet, and these meals are for 1 serving. I thought I would share this weeks recipes with you, hope you try and enjoy like I am. I have numbered them so you know all the #1's match and all the #2's match what I'm eating for each day.



Breakfast
#1-Frittata

Ingredients
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 oz Parmesan, grated
- 1 medium zucchini 
- 1/4 cup sweet bell peppers
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries on side

Directions: In a medium bowl beat eggs and milk. Add cheese, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. Mix well. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes, then finish cooking in the oven on like 450. Have your strawberries on the side! 

Calories 304  Protein: 34g  Carbs: 28g  Fat: 6.8g (these are estimated)

#2- Egg with Marinara Sauce

Ingredients
- 1/3 cup marinara
- 9 egg whites
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 small banana, on the side
1 tsp olive oil

Directions: In a medium skillet on med heat, add marinara and chili powder. Heat until hot. In a different skillet add egg whites, and then serve with marinara on top.

Calories: 299  Protein: 31g  Carbs: 32g  Fat: 6.4g (these are estimated)
 

Morning Snacks (100 calorie)
#1- small banana 
#2- 8oz coconut water

Lunch
#1- Chicken Salad with Quinoa

Ingredients
- 3.5 oz cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup strawberries

Directions: Cook quinoa as directed on package. Add everything to a bowl after quinoa has cooled.

Calories: 330.6  Protein: 33.3g  Carbs: 41.9g  Fat: 10.8g (these are estimated)

#2- Turkey Patty Sandwhich

Ingredients
- 3 oz of roasted turkey breast ( I used Oscar Meyer brand)
- 1/2 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 oroweat 100% whole wheat hamburger bun
- 1/4 cup spinach 
- 2 slices tomato
- 1/2 c up strawberries

Directions: Spread garlic and oregano on bun. Add feta cheese and then turkey and toast to liking. Top with spinach and tomatoes. Add strawberries on the side

Calories: 235  Protein: 18.6g  Carbs: 26.8g  Fat: 7g (these are estimated)

Afternoon Snacks (200 calorie)
#1 & #2- 2 oz of classic hummus with 1/2 cucumber & 2 large celery stalks
After workout- Premier Protein Shake

Dinner
#1- Chicken and Yams

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cooked yams, mashed
- 6 oz chicken breast
- 6 asparagus spears
- lemon juice
- Mrs. Dash seasoning

Directions: Grill chicken with Mrs. Dash seasoning and add asparagus when chicken is almost done. Top with a little lemon juice. Add yams to side.

Calories: 283.4  Protein: 43.5g  Carbs: 24.4g  Fat: 10.6g (these are estimated)

#2- Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice and Veggies

Ingredients
- 1/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/5 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil

Direction: Combine onions, bell peppers, chicken cubes, and oil in pan. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add marinara and mixed veggies and cook until heated. Top brown rice with chicken mixture, add fresh cilantro as garnish.

Calories: 309.3  Protein: 29.4g  Carbs: 30g  Fat: 8.1g (these are estimated)

My favorites have been the frittata, turkey sandwhich and the stir-fry! Yummy yummy!

-Ash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Friday- Squat Challenge Results

So some of you knew that I was doing a 30 day squat challenge... Well I finally completed the challenge and have my before and after. Still have a ways to go but holy cow there is a major difference. (Excuse my photography skills. My husband was sleeping and just decided to take them on my own.) I love SEEING my body transform! I really encourage people to take photos of them selves, although it may be gross or embarrassing at first, it is an amazing motivater and when you do start feeling discouraged you can take another photo to help you see that you really have transformed. Remember, the scale is only a small indicator of your success! How you feel, and how your clothes fit is the most important. Here is the challenge I did in case you want to do your own squat challenge!  Enjoy! I know I did. I even may do it again! -Ash

9 Week Update

It really is amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. The last 9 weeks I have changed my eating habits, portion sizes, and added more time to work out in my schedule. I made it a priority and this is what has come of it so far...                                                       Week 1                                              Week 9 Weight=      -19 lbs                   207                                                   188 Waist=        -4.5"                        36.5"                                                  32" Hips=          -3"                             46"                                                     43" Bust=          -2"                            43"                                                     41" R. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"                                                   26" L. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"   

1 Year of Hard Work = The Real Me Reborn

One year ago today marked the first day of finding me again. One year ago I was depressed, miserable, lazy, unhappy, overweight, and lonely. One year ago today, I weighed 220lbs. I can't even begin to tell you how much of me has changed physically and emotionally. When I decided to take this life long journey to be fit and happy, I never in a million years would have thought this would be fun and exciting. Most people may think I am crazy, and I would say they are very correct! I am crazy about having energy again, crazy for being able to feel good in my clothes again, crazy that I can now run, walk, lift, hike, or any other activity WITHOUT hurting. Yep, I would say I am crazy  if that is what crazy is to the average person. Throughout this last year I have accomplished so many goals! I have never made a huge goal and accomplished it until this journey. I lost 50 pounds within the first 4 months and have kept it off, plus have lost even more. Crazy what you can accomplish wh