Skip to main content

Change is good...

Some of you may have been wondering what the hell happened last week. I didn't do my post on Monday cause well, really there was nothing to post about, other than my weight not changing. It gave me time to think about how to change up my routine and to get past this wonderful plateau that has come upon me. Not going to lie I have gotten a little relaxed with my eating habits, not caloric intake, but what I'm eating. Some of you may know I went camping a couple weekends ago and ever since then I have been craving non stop. Even caught myself binging a couple times. I still have been logging but it still looks so bad. We all go through it and even now when I'm starting to feel good about myself, I need to stay focused. So this month is a new month.

Some changes are NEEDED right now. Starting today, I begin a fat-burning weightlifting routine. Everyday I will be doing a different body part with at least 30 min of cardio, which will not be hard since I love my cardio! Sundays will still be my rest days and I now will weigh in on Wednesdays. I chose Wednesday to weigh-in because its my mid week. I seem to have a routine during the week and weighing in on Mondays right after my rest day was killing me. I was bloated and it was making me discouraged. (Plus who wants to take pics of themselves all bloated?!) If this doesn't work for me I will go back, but changing up normal routines is a great way to make your body listen. 

I read this great article on plateaus in my local news online. Please read if you are stuck and don't know where to go with your diet and exercise. Some of it I already knew, but I also learned a lot from it.

http://www.kval.com/news/health/breaking-diet-plateau-215110291.html?m=y&smobile=y

So I will see you all Wednesday for my 16 week picture and weigh-in! 

-Ash 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Friday- Squat Challenge Results

So some of you knew that I was doing a 30 day squat challenge... Well I finally completed the challenge and have my before and after. Still have a ways to go but holy cow there is a major difference. (Excuse my photography skills. My husband was sleeping and just decided to take them on my own.) I love SEEING my body transform! I really encourage people to take photos of them selves, although it may be gross or embarrassing at first, it is an amazing motivater and when you do start feeling discouraged you can take another photo to help you see that you really have transformed. Remember, the scale is only a small indicator of your success! How you feel, and how your clothes fit is the most important. Here is the challenge I did in case you want to do your own squat challenge!  Enjoy! I know I did. I even may do it again! -Ash

9 Week Update

It really is amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. The last 9 weeks I have changed my eating habits, portion sizes, and added more time to work out in my schedule. I made it a priority and this is what has come of it so far...                                                       Week 1                                              Week 9 Weight=      -19 lbs                   207                                                   188 Waist=        -4.5"                        36.5"                                                  32" Hips=          -3"                             46"                                                     43" Bust=          -2"                            43"                                                     41" R. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"                                                   26" L. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"   

1 Year of Hard Work = The Real Me Reborn

One year ago today marked the first day of finding me again. One year ago I was depressed, miserable, lazy, unhappy, overweight, and lonely. One year ago today, I weighed 220lbs. I can't even begin to tell you how much of me has changed physically and emotionally. When I decided to take this life long journey to be fit and happy, I never in a million years would have thought this would be fun and exciting. Most people may think I am crazy, and I would say they are very correct! I am crazy about having energy again, crazy for being able to feel good in my clothes again, crazy that I can now run, walk, lift, hike, or any other activity WITHOUT hurting. Yep, I would say I am crazy  if that is what crazy is to the average person. Throughout this last year I have accomplished so many goals! I have never made a huge goal and accomplished it until this journey. I lost 50 pounds within the first 4 months and have kept it off, plus have lost even more. Crazy what you can accomplish wh