Skip to main content

Little bit about ME!

Holla at it you are reading my first post! I am so excited to share my new healthy way of living with whoever reads this. I thought I would make this a little traditional and talk a little bit about me and my background.

I will start by saying I have always felt like I have struggled with my weight. Let me tell you, I have been made fun of my whole life! Hmmmm lets see... It actually started in middle school, around 7th grade. I hit my growth spurt. I dont mean training bras and size 6 shoes. I was 5'7" or 8 with a 'C' cup bra and size 8.5 shoe. HELLO! No wonder I was called freak, giraffe, fat, ugly, giant, you name it, i've been called it. I will never forget my ex-boyfriend showing all his friends a picture of my stomach and making fun of my fat rolls. The funny thing is now I look back and wish I had that body again! Haha! In high school I basically had to start new since all my old friends went to a different high school. Different story....the boys wanted me only for my 5'9" height and 'D' Cup bra. Only they never knew that "Show me your boobs" would be the saying that made me cry at night.  Good God I am so glad I am out of that shit for good! My sophmore year I met my NOW husband Brett. So I had a thing for older guys I guess cause he was 19, but still tells me to this day he just wanted in my pants. Well lets just say he had to work for it. Hahah....oh shit I got of track.

So anyway....I grew up in the most loving home. My mom has always been health concious while I lived with her. I have always eaten Non-Fat, Low-Fat, Veggies and Fruits. So that is a really great thing for me now because I love healthy food, but I just love shitty food more sometimes.  Well when I turned 16 I got my first job....at McDonald's....Ugh. Talk about weight gain. I really feel that is where my real struggle began. Hello! If you were a college student and living on your own, and you didn't have money to go buy food, you would be eating it all the time too. And if I wasn't at school, then I was working and I was sure as shit going to eat my free McDonalds! Bad Bad Bad!

When I turned 21 I felt I looked my best. I was dealing with heartache, and ladies we all know what that can do to our eating! I was a size 8 in my brand new A&F jeans and not afraid to show my stomach. But then as soon as I got happy again I just gained it all back. Size 10-12 is my "normal" so thats where I stayed until something happened to me that I never had happend....I got in a car accident, and lost my car, felt like I was going nowhere and was diagnosed with depression. But little did I know, exercise would cure that.

I decided to join a bootcamp. HOLY HELL best thing I could have done for me! I was eating good, up at 4am to work out with a group of people who wanted the same goals as me, feeling happy again, and lost 30 POUNDS! I was strong, felt sexy again, and then Brett asked me to marry him! So this is where I finally realized what my problem is. I replace my happiness of one thing to the happiness of another! The next year in a half of planning a wedding took over my overall happiness with myself. I just wish I knew how to juggle everything at the time, because I would have been healthier at my beautiful wedding. I really dont regret anything in my life, don't get me wrong, but now sitting here a year later. Realizing how easy it could have been just SUCKS! This is the fattest, most unhealthy I have ever been. (I can't believe I am going to share this) Three weeks ago I was at my heaviest.... 5'9' and 220 pounds (OH GOD HERE COMES THE JUDGEMENT), and now sitting here 14 pounds lighter already, I am so excited to share this journey! I am going to be real and honest with this and show pictures and things I am so not proud of, but I think for me this will be the best motivation!

I will be trying to dedicate one day a week to my blog entries. Mondays are my personal weigh-ins, so I will try to be posting Monday nights ;) In-between these enteries I will post recipes, tips, little things I do during the days, the struggles and acheivements. If I am having a bad day with diet, I will be writing about it. It feels good to get some of this out! I hope you guys enjoy what I have to say and again, I really apologize about spelling, and grammar, but I really want to talk to you like I am talking to one of my best friends.

-Ash

Comments

  1. Kudos Girl...you look great...here's to a healthier you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Friday- Squat Challenge Results

So some of you knew that I was doing a 30 day squat challenge... Well I finally completed the challenge and have my before and after. Still have a ways to go but holy cow there is a major difference. (Excuse my photography skills. My husband was sleeping and just decided to take them on my own.) I love SEEING my body transform! I really encourage people to take photos of them selves, although it may be gross or embarrassing at first, it is an amazing motivater and when you do start feeling discouraged you can take another photo to help you see that you really have transformed. Remember, the scale is only a small indicator of your success! How you feel, and how your clothes fit is the most important. Here is the challenge I did in case you want to do your own squat challenge!  Enjoy! I know I did. I even may do it again! -Ash

9 Week Update

It really is amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. The last 9 weeks I have changed my eating habits, portion sizes, and added more time to work out in my schedule. I made it a priority and this is what has come of it so far...                                                       Week 1                                              Week 9 Weight=      -19 lbs                   207                                                   188 Waist=        -4.5"                        36.5"                                                  32" Hips=          -3"                             46"                                                     43" Bust=          -2"                            43"                                                     41" R. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"                                                   26" L. Thigh=   -1.5"                      27.5"   

1 Year of Hard Work = The Real Me Reborn

One year ago today marked the first day of finding me again. One year ago I was depressed, miserable, lazy, unhappy, overweight, and lonely. One year ago today, I weighed 220lbs. I can't even begin to tell you how much of me has changed physically and emotionally. When I decided to take this life long journey to be fit and happy, I never in a million years would have thought this would be fun and exciting. Most people may think I am crazy, and I would say they are very correct! I am crazy about having energy again, crazy for being able to feel good in my clothes again, crazy that I can now run, walk, lift, hike, or any other activity WITHOUT hurting. Yep, I would say I am crazy  if that is what crazy is to the average person. Throughout this last year I have accomplished so many goals! I have never made a huge goal and accomplished it until this journey. I lost 50 pounds within the first 4 months and have kept it off, plus have lost even more. Crazy what you can accomplish wh